Friday, March 18, 2016

Wait for the Lord

I have plans for my future. Big plans. I want to get married someday. I want to raise a family. I want to have a farm. I want a big piece of property. But my main priority is to live for Jesus, each and every day.

I struggle with waiting. I want all those things now. It's kind of ridiculous cause I'm not even 15 yet but I really do want a family and I can't wait to get married! I'm always making plans and working towards my goals but two negative things tend to come from that..

1. I brood on the things that I don't have yet and become discontent and ungrateful.
2. I start to think I need to take it into my own hands and if I don't start searching out my future now then it'll never come.

That's when I hear the still small voice in the back of my head saying "Hey Mary, just wait."


I did a word study a little while back and found out what the word wait actually means...

Wait: To rest in expectation and patience to be ready to serve; to obey.
Expectation: The act of looking forward to a future event with at least some reason to believe the event will happen. Prospect of good to come.
Patience: Endurance without murmuring or fretfulness. The act or quality of waiting long for justice or expected good without discontent. Perseverance.

Waiting isn't just sitting around thinking something is gonna happen. Waiting is preparing. Readying ourselves to obey God when He calls us. Looking forward to the future with assurance that God has it all under control. Having the prospect of good to come.

Waiting requires strength.
But you know what? God is worth waiting for. Whatever He has planned for your life is so perfectly crafted for you and so wonderfully amazing that when you get there and experience His plan for you in all it's fullness, you will look back and say "I am so glad I waited"

Make good use of your waiting times by listening for what God might be trying to teach you in them.~ quote from my NIV life application study Bible

We are fully assured that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. We will see the goodness of the Lord while we are still alive on this earth!

Goodness: "Complete or sufficiently perfect in it's kind. Having the qualities best adapted to it's design and use."

You will see the goodness of the Lord in this life if you wait for Him. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14


No comments:

Post a Comment